Bridge construction and work along Central Avenue from the bridge to the southern half of the Aliceanna Street intersection began in January. Current lane closures include:
- Central Avenue between Lancaster Street and Aliceanna Street
- Lancaster Street between S. Exeter Street and S. Eden Street
- Aliceanna Street between Central Avenue and Eden Street is closed to eastbound traffic. Through summer 2018, the road will be open to westbound traffic only.
Additionally, the Promenade between S. Exeter Street and S. Eden Street is closed to pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
Though some of the streets are closed, please note that all of the businesses in the area remain open and accessible.
The following activities are taking place in July 2017:
- Continuing bearing pile and cofferdam installation
- Cleaning and repairing the Harford Run culvert
- Continuing tunneling operation at Aliceanna Street
- Continued demolition on Central Avenue between Lancaster Street and Aliceanna Street
Normal work hours are mainly daytime hours Monday-Saturday.
Pile driving activities are taking place Monday through Saturday during normal working hours. This work may produce a higher-than-usual level of noise. In addition, dewatering pumps used to keep water levels low inside bridge features may run 24-hours-a-day. Thank you for your patience.
Work is subject to change due to weather conditions and other factors. Please plan ahead and allow additional time to get to your destination. Directional signs are posted to help motorists, pedestrians and cyclists navigate through the area.
Phase I of the project took place between summer 2012 and summer 2015 and included storm drain reconstruction and roadway construction and beautification from Madison Street to Baltimore Street.
Phase II is underway. It continues the streetscape rehabilitation along Central Avenue from Baltimore Street to Lancaster Street and construction of the Harbor Point Connector Bridge. The bridge will provide a much-needed connection to the development site from Central Avenue, and streetscape improvements will help accommodate increased traffic expected as a result of commercial and residential growth. Benefits include improved safety, increased roadway capacity, improved mobility and aesthetic appeal.
Project Fact Sheet
The City of Baltimore is dedicated to minimizing construction impacts and keeping residents, businesses and our local community informed throughout the construction period. Details for all traffic advisories can be viewed here.